ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
GENERAL GORDON
Construction
STEEL
Type
TRAWLER
Date
1905
Description
Yard Number: 417

Renamed: STRATIGOS GORDON (by 1929); ELLEROS (by 1932)

Owned in 1915 by Buckworth & Mumby Ltd, Cork.
Requisitioned in March 1917 and converted to minesweeper.
Returned to owners, 1920.
Owned in 1920 by J S Boyle, Glasgow.
Owned in 1926 by A Leitch, Hull.
Owned in 1929 by E Ionnides & A Leitch, Piraeus and renamed STRATIGOS GORDON.
Owned in 1932 by Cie. Egyptienne de Nav. Le Dodecanese, Alexandria and renamed ELLEROS.
Sank after being abandoned, July 1933.
Shipbuilder
A. HALL & Co., Aberdeen
Owner
Pickering & Haldanes Ltd, Hull
Dimensions
length 130 1/3' x breadth 22 1/12' x depth 13'
Gross Tonnage: 267 ton
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional   © 2006 - 2013 Aberdeen City Council