ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
STRATHDERRY
Type
STEAM TRAWLER
Date
1911
Official Number
129364
Description
Yard Number: 492
Fishing number: A401

Requisitioned in August 1914 and converted to minesweeper.
Converted to boom defence vessel in 1917.
Returned to owners, 1919.
Owned in 1920 by County F Co. Ltd, Lowestoft, LT532.
Owned in 1927 by T Stephen, Aberdeen.
Requisitioned in February 1940 and converted to D/L.
Converted to armed patrol vessel, September 1940.
Returned to owners, November 1941.
Owned in 1943 by D Wood, Aberdeen (A226).
Owned by D Wood, Aberdeen until 1951.
Owned in 1951 by Derry Trawling Co (D Wood manag.) until last reg in Lloyds 1955-56
Shipbuilder
Hall Russell
Shipowner
Aberdeen Steam Trawling and Fishing Company
Dimensions
length 112 9/12' x breadth 21 5/6' x depth 12 7/12'
Gross Tonnage: 193 ton
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional   © 2006 - 2013 Aberdeen City Council