ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
ICEBERG
Construction
STEEL
Type
STEAM HERRING DRIFTER
Date
1918
Official Number
146056
Description
Yard Number: 547

18inch triple expansion engine by A. Hall, Aberdeen, 34H.P. Boiler by Alex Hall.
Bunker capacity - 28 tons of coal.

1919: Handed over to the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries for disposal.
1920: Owned by Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Lowestoft.
1921: Sold to J. Campbell, Lossiemouth and James R. Hamilton of Elgin and renamed MARIGOLD, registered in Inverness INS478.
1926: Sold to Alexander Duncan, A. Duncan and others of Peterhead and re-registered PD81.
1934: Owned in Peterhead by A Buchan and renamed MARIGOLD.
4 March 1944: Sold to Looker Fishing Company Ltd, Aberdeen and re-registered in Aberdeen A573.
1939-1945: Requisitioned for war service as a harbour service vessel.
1946: Sold to John C. Buchan, Thomas Buchan, Peterhead and others, re-registered in Peterhead PD124.
1952: Scrapped, registry closed 10 September 1952.

With acknowledgement to Mr J. Reid "Steam Drifters Recalled".

Aberdeen Libraries Benzie Collection has a photo of this vessel c1947.
Shipowner
Admiralty
Shipbuilder
A. HALL & Co., Aberdeen
Dimensions
length 86 3/12' x breadth 18 7/12' x depth 10'
Gross Tonnage: 96 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council