ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
EMPIRE POLLY
Construction
STEEL
Type
STEAM TUG
Date
1944
Official Number
165269
Description
Yard Number: 700
Engine number 406
A/MS 786

Subsequent Names: CENTRAL NO. 4 (1947); ROA (1962); APOLLO (1976)

Owner: Ministry of War Transport; Manager: Overseas Towage & Salvage Co. Ltd

1947: Change of name to CENTRAL NO. 4 and change of owners to British Transport Commission. Registered in Grimsby.
By 1954: Fitted for oil fuel.
1955-56: Class withdrawn at owner's request.
1962: Change of name to ROA, and port of registry to Barrow.
1964: Change of owner to British Transport Docks Board.
1976: Change of owner to Maritime Commercial Enterprises Ltd and of name to APOLLO.
1976: Last entry in Lloyd's Register.
1986: Scrapped in Greece.
Shipbuilder
A. HALL & Co., Aberdeen
Owner
Ministry Of War Transport
Associated
Overseas Towage & Salvage Co. Ltd
Dimensions
length 105 3/12' x breadth 27 1/12' x depth 12 3/6'
Gross Tonnage: 232 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council