ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
EMPIRE CONNIE
Construction
STEEL
Type
STEAM TUG
Date
1945
Official Number
180993
Description
Yard Number: 707
Engine number 416
A/MS 1197

Subsequent Names: MIES (in 1947)

Owner: Ministry of Transport; Manager: Townsend Bros. Ferries Ltd.

1949: Change of name to MIES, and of owners to Netherlands Indies Government (Havenwezen).
1951: Change of owners to Republiek Indonesia Serikat and fitted for oil. Registered in Jakarta.

To Indonesian Navy in 1953 and Indonesian Government in 1958.

1978: Sold to the Port Authority of Tanjung Priok, Indonesia and renamed TALUK AMBON.
1982-83: Last entry in Lloyd's Register of Shipping.
Shipbuilder
A. HALL & Co., Aberdeen
Owner
Ministry of Transport
Dimensions
length 105 3/12' x breadth 27 1/12' x depth 12 3/6'
Gross Tonnage: 232 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council