ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
FANNY MAIR
Construction
STEEL
Type
DRIFTER
Date
1911
Official Number
127340
Description
FANNY MAIR, BF388
Yard Number: 358
Date of Build/Launch: June 1911

Owner at Launch: J. Mair (Mull), John Wood, G. Mair and others of Portknockie

Renamed: CRANNOCH

16 inch compound engine by James Abernethy of Aberdeen - 28H.P.

1913 and 1916: Merchant Navy List gives Managing Owner as John Wood, 207, Portknockie, Banffshire.
1915: Owned by J Wood, Portknockie.
1915-1920: Requisitioned for war service an an anti-submarine net vessel / minesweeper fitted with a 3-pounder gun.
1923: Merchant Navy List gives Managing Owner as John Wood, 2 Blantyre Place, Portknockie.
1937: Sold to G. Runcie, Joseph Gardiner of Cullen and George A. Watt, Aberdeen.
28 August 1938: Renamed CRANNOCH.
1939: Merchant Lavy List gives Managing Owner as Joseph Gardiner, Cullen.
1939: Olsen's Almanac gives Owner as G. Runcie and others.
1939-1946: Requisitioned for war service as an anti-submarine net vessel.
1946: All shares sold to G. A. Watt, ABerdeen.
1949: Merchant Navy List gives Managing Owner as George A. Watt, Aberdeen.
1951: Sold for scrap.

Note: The major shareholder was a Gamrie man living in Aberdeen and latterly the vessel had a Gardenstown Crew and was always thought of as a 'Gamrie Boat'.

With acknowledgement to Mr J. Reid, 'Steam Drifters Recalled'
Shipbuilder
DUTHIE TORRY
Owner
J & G Mair, Banff
Dimensions
length 81.3' x breadth 18' x depth 8.7'
gross tonnage 84 tons

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council