ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
SIR GALAHAD
Construction
STEEL
Type
TRAWLER, MINE-SWEEPER
Date
1942
Official Number
182007
Description
Yard Number: 763

Renamed: SIR GALAHAD; ROBERT LIMBRICK

Round Table Class Trawler; based on Hall Russell's 1936 STAR OF ORKNEY, completed as minesweeper.

Engine by Hall. Completed as minesweeper the converted to dan layer. Took part in D-Day Landings in June 1944 as dan layer attached to the 14th Minesweeping Flotilla in Force U.

SIR GALAHAD was bought by the Walker Steam Trawling & Fishing Co Ltd in February 1947 and re-named STAR OF FREEDOM.
Sold to Milford Fisheries Ltd in March 1956 and renamed ROBERT LIMBRICK.
Ran ashore on Quinish Point in heavy weather, 7 miles from Ardmore, Mull 5 February 1957.
Shipbuilder
Hall Russell
Shipowner
Admiralty
Dimensions
length 125' x breadth 23' 6" x depth 13' 9"
gross tonnage 103 tons
Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional   © 2006 - 2013 Aberdeen City Council