ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
NEW GAMECOCK
Construction
STEEL
Type
STEAM TUG
Date
1930
Official Number
161394
Description
Yard Number: 622
Launched: 01/03/1930
Delivered to Gamecock Steam Towing Co Ltd., Gravesend: 04/1930

Subsequent Names: STEADY (1933); EYTANAH (1948); NISOS HYDRA (1966); ACHILLEUS (1975)

Built 1930 by Alexander Hall & Co. Ltd., Aberdeen. YN622.
1000ihp 3cylTE 16"x25"x42" 30" stroke 200psi steam engine by builder.
Acquired 1930. Disposed 1933. Scrapped 1995. ON 161394.

Owner: Gamecock Steam Towing Co. Ltd (Manager: J. Wilson Potter)

Port of Registry initially London.
Fitted with electric light.

1933: name changed to STEADY, and ownership changed to Government of Palestine. Port of Registry now Haifa. Also now fitted for oil fuel.
1948: Renamed EYTANAH.
1949-50: No entry in Lloyd's Register for , but in
1951: Owners now given as Government of Israel.
1964-65: Last mention in Lloyd's Register.
Fate unknown.
(Source: Lloyd's Register of Shipping)

08/1933: Sold to Crown Agents for the Colonies, renamed STEADY.
1935: Owners Palestinian Government, Haifa.
12/1935: Converted to oil fired boiler.
1948: Owners Israeli Government, Haifa, renamed EYTANAH.
1966: Sold to Tsavliris Salvage and Towage Co., Piraeus, renamed NISOS HYDRA
1975: Sold to Maritime Commercial Enterprises Ltd., Piraeus, renamed ACHILLEUS.
1994: Owner Alexander G. Tsavliris and Sons, Piraeus.
1995: Scrapped at Aliaga, Turkey.
Owner
Gamecock Steam Towing Co., London
Shipbuilder
A. HALL & Co., Aberdeen
Dimensions
length 100 3/12' x breadth 26 1/12' x depth 13 3/6'
gross tonnage: 214 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council