ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
MOUNT EDEN
Construction
STEEL
Type
TRAWLER
Date
1957
Official Number
183682
Description
Yard Number: 263
Fishing Number: A152
Official Number: 183682

Diesel motor trawler.
Engine number 334, Mirilees, Bickerton & Day.
Oil 4SA 6cy 380x457 Mirrless Black, Stockport
Construction: Riveted, part welded

Owned later by British United Trawlers, Aberdeen.
Owned in 1981 by Metal Recoveries Ltd, Newhaven.
Surveys overdue, class suspended 6/8/1981
1982-83 as above, no mention of survey
1987-88 Owner, Richardson Seihers Ltd
1991-92 Owner Millbay Trawler Management Ltd
1994-95 Owner Halfend Ltd - Grand Sole Fisheries
No trace after 1995.

MOUNT EDEN was built by John Lewis for the John Lewis Fishing Division in 1957. All the boats in the John Lewis Fishing Division were built by John Lewis Shipyard. The others include MOUNT EVEREST and MOUNT MELLERAY. They had a dark blue hull, light blue deck, housing funnel and John Lewis flag on the funnel.
MOUNT EDEN was similar to MOUNT EVEREST but was 4' longer and built two years later than EVEREST.
In 1972 The John Lewis Fishing Division was bought over by British United Trawlers (BUT) as with other Aberdeen trawl owners also in Hull & Grimsby.
MOUNT EDEN sailed under BUT owners until 1977/78 when she was sold to George Wood of Aberdeen.
According to Lloyd's Register 1981, class was suspended on 06/08/1981, owners listed as Metal Recoveries (Newhaven) Registered Aberdeen.
Lloyd's Register 1987 lists owner as Richardson Seiners Ltd, Aberdeen.
Lloyd's Register 1991 still registered as a side fishing, now owned by Millbay Trawler Mangement, Aberdeen.
1993 listed as owned by Hallfend (Grand Sole Fisheries) (Aberdeen).
No update after 1994.


Shipbuilder
John Lewis & Sons
Owner
North Eastern Fisheries Ltd, Aberdeen A152
Dimensions
length 120 1/3' x breadth 25 1/12' x depth 12 3/6'
gross tonnage: 293 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council