ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
CARDIFFBROOK
Construction
STEEL
Type
COASTER
Date
1952
Official Number
184706 (to 1968) and 367346 (1975 onwards)
Description
Yard Number: 233
CARGO COASTER

Engine number 305.
Shop trial 29 May, sea trial 16 September 1952.
According to Shipbuilding and Shipping Register, the trial trip took place on 23 September.

Subsequent Names: DIMITRIOS G (1969); MARIETTA (1973)

By 1955 CARDIFFBROOK had been fitted with position finding device and radar. Also with direction finder.
By 1961 also fitted with radio telephone.

1961: Manager Comben Longstaff & Co. Ltd

1967: Change of owners to Comben Longstaff & Co. London
1969: Renamed DIMITRIO G and change of owners to M. Gigilinis, Thissalonica (no offical number in Lloyd's Register now, until new number in 1975)
1972: Owners now called Nautilus Cia. Nav. S.A.
1973: Renamed MARIETTA (IMO 5063291), and change of owners to Criton Shipping Co. Ltd. of Famagusta, Cyprus.
1980: Change of owners to Samos Shipping Co. Ltd.
1982-83: Last entry in Lloyd's Register.

Last known flag: U.K.

1981: Broken up in Greece.

(Source: Lloyd's Register of Shipping)
(Source: shipspotting.com)
Shipbuilder
John Lewis and Sons
Owner
Williamstown Shipping Co. Ltd, London
Dimensions
length 250 7/12' x breadth 38 1/12' x depth 17 5/6'
Gross Tonnage: 1812 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council