ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
FOREMOST 43
Construction
STEEL
Type
TUG
Date
1928
Official Number
160491
Description
Yard Number: 610

Port of Registry: St John, NB

Subsequent Names: BATTLEAXE (1949); LOYAL CELT (1957)

1930: Change of owners to F. M. Ross.
1937: Change of owners to St. John's Tugboat Co. Ltd. N.B.
1944: Change of owners to Ministry of War Transport (Sierra Leone Coaling Co. Ltd, Managers).
1946: Owners now called Ministry of Transport, and Port of Registry again St. John N.B.
1949: Change of owners to Britannia Steam Towing Co. Ltd, and change of name to BATTLEAXE.
1951: Change of owners to Albert O. Richards of Swansea.
1957: Change of owners to Bristol Channel Towage Co. Ltd and change of name to LOYAL CELT.
1964: Change of owners to R. & J. H. Rea.
1964-65: Last entry in Lloyd's Register. Fate unknown.
Shipbuilder
A. HALL & Co., Aberdeen
Owner
Ridley Tugs Ltd
Dimensions
length 105 3/12' x breadth 27 1/12' x depth 12 3/6'
Gross Tonnage: 227 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council