ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
BRACON BANK
Type
TRAWLER
Date
1943
Official Number
5049984
Description
BRACON BANK - 1943-54
BRACON - 1954-1982

This ship is not listed in Aberdeen Built records. It is in Lloyd's register with no yard number. It was probably ordered by naval order for 2nd World War as a corvette or minesweeper. No info before 1947. In 1947 Lloyd's, ship is listed as being owned by Don Fishing Co. Aberdeen, until 1954 it was sold to C. Rango (Kristiansund, Norway) who had the steam engine replaced with a diesel unit 25a 5cy 290x490mm NE54 Alpha Diesel A/S (FKN). In Lloyd's 1971-72 edition it is owned by Bjarne A. Algroy Partrederi (Bergen, Norway) who had the diesel engine replaced with a oil 25a 7cy 653kw (875 BHP) Wichmann (MTRF). The engine was made 1971 and fitted 1973. The last known trace is 1982.
Builder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
Length: 126.2'
Breadth: 23.6'
Deoth: 12.8'
Gross Tonnage: 277 tons.

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council