ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
BENELLA
Construction
STEEL
Type
TRAWLER
Date
1949
Description
Yard Number: 213

Renamed: JAMES BARRIE (1951)

Engine number 286, boiler by Kincaid, Greenock.
Trial trip in Aberdeen Bay 27 January 1949.
Delivered 29 January 1949.

Owned in 1951 by Newington S T Co. Ltd, Hull and renamed JAMES BARRIE.
Wrecked on Hoxa Head, 29 March 1969.

From Shipbuilding and Shipping Record, 10 February 1949: 'She incorporates JL's latest design in soft-nosed clipper stem and streamlined superstructure. It will be observed that there is a specially designed tower for the Marconi radar which enables hot air to keep frost and damp from the scanner'.
Shipbuilder
John Lewis & Sons
Owner
Active Fishing Company Limited, Hull
Dimensions
length 175 5/12' x breadth 30 1/12' x depth 16'
Gross Tonnage: 666ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council