ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
EMPIRE FENCHURCH
Construction
STEEL
Type
CARGO
Date
1945
Official Number
180995
Description
Yard Number: 187

Renamed: YEWFOREST; PERELLE; TOR

Engine no., 262, boiler by Craig, Paisley. On builder's certificate, boiler is listed as being by Denny of Dumbarton.
Full power trial in Torry Dock, 20 December 1945.
Builder's certificate dated 18 December 1945. Port of intended registry listed as Aberdeen.

Purchased in 1946 by J Stewart & Co. Shipping Ltd. and renamed YEWFOREST. Sold in 1954 to O Dorey & Sons Ltd, Guernsey and renamed PERELLE.
Towed to Gothenburg, Sweden in 1961 for scrapping but leased out as a floating warehouse in Denmark. Reported to have been dismantled in August 1962 in Sweden, but was in service in 1965 as a barge, renamed TOR.
Shipbuilder
John Lewis and Sons
Owner
Ministry Of War Transport
Dimensions
length 202 3/6' x breadth 33' x depth 15 1/12'

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council