ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
PRINCE PHILIP
Type
TRAWLER
Date
1963
Official Number
303784
Description
Yard Number: 905
Launched June 1963 by Mrs A B Wilbraham

Subsequent Names: COLNE HUNTER (1986-1992)

Type: starboard side fishing trawler
Construction: welded
Engine:- Oil 4SA 6CY 390 x 680 mm, 1145 BHP Werkspoor

In 1967 when the ABERDEEN EXPLORER, yard no. 927, was ordered by Aberdeen Motor Trawlers the shipyard used the same hull drawings of the PRINCE PHILIP with the ABERDEEN EXPLORER fishing on Port and Starboard side while the PRINCE PHILIP fished starboard only and PRINCE PHILIP had a different wheelhouse front.

Owned in 1967 by Parbel Smith Ltd, Fleetwood.

Owned in 1971 by Parbel Smith Ltd, Grimsby.

The PRINCE PHILIP was transferred to Boston Deep Sea Fisheries in Grimsby in 1973.

Converted from fishing to standby in 1979.

Registered in 1982 as being owned by the Onward Fishing Co. of Grimsby and working as a standby safety vessel for service within sea parallels of Lat 62°N and 48°N Meridian Longitude 15°N the coast of Europe.

PRINCE PHILIP was sold in 1986 to Colne Shipping Co. Ltd, Lowestoft as a standby safety vessel and renamed COLNE HUNTER for service within sea area parallels of Lat 62°N & 48°N, Meridian Longt. 15°N and coast of Europe.

No further informaiton in Lloyd's Register after 1992.

Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Owner
Premier Steam Fishing Company Limited, Fleetwood
Dimensions
length 135 1/6' x breadth 29 1/12' x depth 15'
gross tonnage: 442 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council