ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
DULWICH
Construction
STEEL
Type
COLLIER
Date
1957
Official Number
187657
Description
Yard Number: 861
Date of Launch: 24 June 1957

Change of Name: 1970 WORTHING, 1972; WORTHY, 1980; ANTIGONIA, 1982

Collier (late for cargo)

Owner: South Eastern Gas Board, London
Manager: A. G. Costelow them D. K. Jacobs after 1968

Info from Burnt Island & Hall Russell Ship Group Journal 25 (3), September 1957, p76-77:
Launched 24 June 1957. naming ceremony performed by Mrs Gostelow.
1st of 4 colliers being built for South Eastern Gas Board. Specially designed for carriage of coal from N.E. England to upper reaches of the Thames, with e.g. very low tunnels and telescopic masts.
Photos: 'Of sponsor', 'Leaving the slipway', 'DULWICH moves to fitting out basin'

Change of Owners:
1972 to Stephenson Clarke Shipping Ltd, London
1977 to Extro Marine Ltd, Cyprus
1982 to Antigoni Shipping Co. Ltd, Greece, renamed ANTIGONI 1982


sold to Salvamento y Demolicion Naval S.A. for breaking, and arrived Villanueva y Geltru, ESP, 25th December 1982


Last mention in Lloyd's Register 1982-83.
Shipowner
South Eastern Gas Board, London
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
length 262' x breadth 39' 5" x depth 18' 7"
Gross Tonnage: 1873 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council