ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
CAPE ST. MARY
Type
RESEARCH TRAWLER
Date
1951
Official Number
175883
Description
Yard Number: 827

Vessel named by Mrs Angus Taylor
(Source: Burntisland and Hall Russel Shipyard Journals)

Owned in 1958 by the Government of British Guiana.
Owned in 1965 by the Government of Hong Kong.

CAPE ST. MARY was built by Hall Russell's for the government of Sierra Leone as a research trawler with a motor engine 45csa 7cy9"-12" SR geared to SC shaft MN70 by National Gassoil Eng. CC Ltd. Ashton under Lyme. It had a cruiser stern. Part welded (this would have been the start of welding in Aberdeen). In Lloyds 1960 the ship is now owned by the government of British Guiana. In 1964 it is now owned by Hong Kong government. In 1972 it is still owned by Hong Kong in Agricultural & Fishing Dept.

No further information after 1994.
Owner
Crown Agents for Colonies, Freetown
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
length 105.4' x breadth 25.2' x depth 10.3'
Gross Tonnage: 238 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council