ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
HARRY RICHARDSON
Type
COLLIER
Date
1950
Official Number
183218
Description
Yard Number: 820
Motor Collier (up river type)

Owner: British Electricity Authority
Manager: Stephenson Clarke Ltd., London.

Hall Russell Journal 21 (4) 1950, p.83:
Launched (when?) - naming ceremony Mrs Harry Richardson wife of Major Harry Richardon, member of Southern Electricity Board.
All main features of hull and machinery similar to DAME CAROLINE HASLETT.
"British Polar" and cylinder marine diesel engine.
Photos: "The Naming Ceremony".

Owners changed to Central Electricity Generating Board (1962-63).

HARRY RICHARDSON was built for Central Electric by Hall Russel's. It was used for taking coal up river on the Thames, the wheel house and funnel built lower down so the ship can get under the bridges on the Thames. It had one deck and hatches.

Traced up to 1976.
Shipowner
British Electricity Authority, London
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
length 270'6" x breadth 39'6" x depth 17'1 1/2"
Gross Tonnage: 1777 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council