ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
ST. CLEMENT
Type
COASTER
Date
1946
Description
Yard Number: 791

Subsequent Names: GRIGORIS; MELINA

Launched June 26th 1946 by Mrs James Littlejohn Smith, wife of a director and manager of the the owners. Motor coaster with accommodation for 12 passengers.

Routes 1955 Leith to Aberdeen and Kirkwall and until 1966, Stromness.
Replaced the ST OLA during that ship's surveys and also as a supplemental vessel during summer excursions 1966-1974.

1976 sold to E. G. Loukedes, Greece and renamed GRIGORIS.

1980 sold to Lotus Maritime Co. Piraeus and renamed MELINA.
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Shipowner
North of Scotland & Orkney & Shetland Steam Navigation Company
Dimensions
length 170 5/12' x breadth 31 1/12' x depth 11'
Gross Tonnage: 460 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council