ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
DEVATARRA
Type
MOTOR FISHING VESSEL
Date
1930
Description
Yard Number: 710

Renamed: LEGASPI (1934); PESQUERO LEGASPI (1942)

For trawling work and pair fishing. Motor trawler,
Owned in 1934 by Tomas Lerchundi e Hijos, San Sebastian.
Owned in 1942 by Soc RC Hijos T Lerchundi, San Sebastian and renamed PESQUERO LEGASPI.
Owned in 1960s and 1970s by Angel Gonzalez Amado, Huelva.

One of two ships built by Hall Russell's for Spanish owners, the other ship being TOLOSA. Both ships, in Lloyd's Register, 1930, are noted as being steam but have also been noted as having an oil engine.

Both ships were sold in 1934 to Tomas Lerchuni e Hijos, and DEVATARRA was renamed LEGASPI until 1942, when it was acquired by Soc RC Hijos T Lerchundi and renamed PESQUERO LEGASPI.

Both ships were owned in the early 1960s by Angel Gonzalez Amado, and there is no further record after 1978.

TOLOSA, her sister ship, can be traced up to 2000.
Owner
Soc. Industrias Iberica del Bacalao, San Sebastian
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
length 87 3/12' x breadth 19 1/12' x depth 10'
Gross Tonnage: 126 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council