ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
WHINHILL
Construction
STEEL
Type
STEAMER, CARGO
Date
1914
Description
Yard Number: 548

1914: Master was T. Allison.
September 1917: Sold by Davidson to buyers not stated.
1917: Change of owners to Mason Shipping Co. Ltd., Liverpool.
1918: Master W. H. Tregenna.
1920-21: Master H. Roberts.
1930: Change of name to DUNCARRON.
by 1937: Owners now Buchan and Hogg. Registered in Grangemouth.

7th September 1941:
Enroute from London to Lossiemouth with cargo of cement, was torpedoed and sunk off Norfolk coast, 3 miles east of Sheringham by E-boat S-50. Crew of 10 and three gunners, only four crew survived.


Still listed in Lloyd's Register 1944: Owners now Duncarron S.S. Co. Ltd. (Buchan & Hogg Managers).
1945-46: No mention in Lloyd's Register.
Owner
C R Davidson & Company, Aberdeen
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
length 165 5/12' x breadth 25 1/12' x depth 12'
Gross Tonnage: 478 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council