ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
STRATHNETHY
Construction
STEEL
Type
STEAM TRAWLER
Date
1913
Description
Yard Number: 527
Fishing number: A582

Renamed: THOMAS STEPHEN (by 1932); WILRONWOOD (by 1951)

Requisitioned in August 1914 and converted to minesweeper.
Returned to owners, 1919.
Owned in 1932 by Stephen F Co .Ltd, Aberdeen and renamed THOMAS STEPHEN.
Owned in 1951 by G Wood, Aberdeen and renamed WILRONWOOD.

11th June 1960 sank at her moorings in Albert Quay, Aberdeen Harbour. Lifting operation at Point Law took about an hour on 24th June and was watched by a large crowd on the quayside. Photos of this appeared in the local newspaper.
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Shipowner
Aberdeen Steam Trawling and Fishing Company
Dimensions
length 115 3/12' x breadth 22 1/12' x depth 13'
Gross Tonnage: 211 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council