ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
STRATHAFTON
Type
STEAM TRAWLER
Date
1913
Description
Yard Number: 525
Fishing number: A551

Renamed: PROCYON (by 1932)

Requisitioned in August 1914 and converted to minesweeper.
Returned to ownerse, 1919.
Owned in 1932 by G Wood, Aberdeen and renamed PROCYON.
Owned in 1934 by Aberdeen Steam F & T Co. Ltd.
Owned in 1945 by J Craig, Aberdeen.
Owned in 1948 by W J McKay, Aberdeen.

Steam trawler built by Hall Russell's for Aberdeen Steam Trawlers. Manager J. Brown, skipper B.W. Nutten. Engine built by Hall Russell's. No information after 1947.
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Shipowner
Aberdeen Steam Trawling and Fishing Company
Dimensions
length 115 3/12' x breadth 22 1/12' x depth 13'
Gross Tonnage: 209 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council