ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
NEWHAVEN, N.B.
Type
STEAM TRAWLER
Date
1909
Description
Yard Number: 469
Date of build/launch: August 1909
Official Number: 122989
Shipbuilder: Hall Russel and Co. LTD
Owner: Lyle and Cairnie
Type: Steel Screw Steam trawler
Scrapped: 1952, broken up in the UK

Renamed: LOULEIGH (1950)

Requisitioned in August 1914 and converted to minesweeper.
Returned to owners, 1919.
Owned in 1920 by D Dow, Granton,
Owned in 1929 by J Walker, Aberdeen (A231).
Requisitioned in February 1940 and converted to minesweeper.
Owned in 1943 by Silver Star F Co. Ltd, Aberdeen.
Returned to owners, 1945.
Owned later by Drifters Ltd, Peterhead,.
22 June 1950 - name changed to LOULEIGH - vessel owned by Goodleigh Fisheries Ltd, The Docks, Milford Haven, Pembrokeshire.
1952 broken up
Owner
Lyle & Carnie, Granton
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
length 110 3/12' x breadth 21 5/6' x depth 12 7/12'
Gross Tonnage: 182 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council