ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
AR-MEN
Type
STEAM TRAWLER
Date
1907
Description
Yard Number: 439

Renamed: OONA HALL (by 1926 - or CONA HAL?)

Owned in 1913 by P Creton, St Nazaire.
Owned in 1920 by Caille & Co. Brest.
New boiler fitted, 1925.
Owned in 1926 by Wear S F Co. Ltd, Sunderland and renamed OONA HALL.
Owned in 1938 by E Tomlinson, Fleetwood.
Owned in 1940 by R Bettess, Fleetwood.
28 May 1940 Run down by French auxiliary cruiser VILLE D'ALGER (10172grt/1935) in heavy sea mist WNW of Calf of Man, Isle of Man; one survivor out of crew of nine. Wreck lies 6 miles W of Peel in 54m.
Owner
Soc. Anon. Des Chalutiers de l'Ouest/P Creton, St Nazaire
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
length 105 3/12' x breadth 21 1/12' x depth 12'
Gross Tonnage: 169 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council