ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
POINTER
Construction
STEEL
Type
STEAM TRAWLER
Date
1906
Official Number
123351
Description
Yard Number: 395
Date of Build/Launch: March 1906

Steel Scr Trawler

Requistioned in May 1915 and converted to minesweeper. Fitted with bomb thrower (A/S Howitzer). Acquired by P. & J. Johnstone & J. Taylor, Aberdeen.
Requisitioned in 1940 and converted to minesweeper. Returned to owners in December 1945.
(Source: 'Royal Navy Trawlers')

1920: Owned by Lothian Tr. Ltd, Lowestoft.
Owned later by T. Stephen Fishing Co. Ltd, Aberdeen.
1932: Owned by A Bruce, Aberdeen.
1938: Owned by P & J Johnstone, Aberdeen (A943).
1955/56: Owner J. W. Johnstone. Broken up in the U.K. in September 1956.
Shipowner
Captain William H Burn, Aberdeen A57
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
length 110' 3" x breadth 21' 8" x depth 11' 7"
gross tonnage: 198 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council