ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
STRATHAIRLIE
Type
STEAM TRAWLER
Date
1905
Description
Yard Number: 390
Fishing number: A39

Owned in 1914 by R Irvin & Sons, Ltd, Aberdeen.
Owned in 1915 by R Main, Aberdeen.
Requisitioned in February 1915 and converted to minesweeper.
Returned to owners, 1919.
Owned by John Craig and others, 1925, A A Davidson, 1935.
Owned in 1943 by W A Bennett, Aberdeen.
Owned by British and American Salmon Curing Co Ltd in 1945 and by British & American Salmon Curing Co. Grimsby in 1948.

STRATHAIRLIE was a steam trawler built for Aberdeen Stean Trawling (J. Brown, Manager), J. Reid, skipper. Built by Hall Russell's who built alot of the company ships from 1890s to 1910s. In Lloyd's 1920 reg., this ship is owned by R. Main Craig who is also the skipper and managed by R. Irvin & Sons Ltd. in Lloyd's 1930 edition this ship is now owned by J. Craig and in 1937 by A. A. Davidson. In 1941 it is owned by J. Bennett (wholesaler) Ltd. (W.A. Bennett, Manager) Until 1945 is it now under British and America Salmon Curing Co.
No further traces after 1950 Lloyds.
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Shipowner
Aberdeen Steam Trawling and Fishing Company
Dimensions
length 110 3/12' x breadth 21 5/6' x depth 12 7/12'
Gross Tonnage: 193 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council