ABERDEEN BUILT SHIPS


Name
INYONI
Type
STEAMER
Date
1890
Description
Yard Number: 257
Registered 14 October 1890

Renamed: KIZILIRMAK (1911)

In June 1911 vessel was sold to Administration de Nav. A Vapeur Ottomane, Istanbul and renamed KIZILIRMAK.

On 13 September 1915 vessel was shelled and sunk by Russian warship near Sakarya.

Aberdeen Weekly Journal, 18/10/1890:
Steamer INYONI built to order of Rennie & Sons and launched a month ago from yard of Hall, Russell & Co., leaves Aberdeen this afternoon for London to embark her last cargo. [22/10/1890: Left Aberdeen 3:00pm, Saturday, arrived London docks Monday morning after very fine run of 33 hours to Gravesend.]

Standard, 3/11/1890:
Port Natal direct - Splendid full powered steamer INYONI, Capt. Stuart RNR, will embark passengers 20 Nov. London docks, 1st class only. Electric light, piano and all modern conveniences. Carries surgeon and stewardess. John T. Rennie, Son & Co., 4 East India Avenue, EC.

Standard, 20/3/1891:
Embark passengers London docks 9th April.

Standard, 21/8/1891:
Embark passengers London 4th Sept, calling at Tenerife, moderate fares.

Standard, 2/1/1892:
Embark passengers London 22nd Jan.

Belfast Newsletter, 20/4/1892:
Gravesend - INYONI passed from Port Natal.

Freeman's Journal, 11/11/1892:
INYONI called Portland en route to Port Natal.

Freeman's Journal, 6/9/1894:
Steamer INYONI, Zanzibar - Marseilles, passed Perim Island [Yemen]. [20/9/1894: Arrived Marseilles; 23/10/1894: INYONI, Smyrna-London, sailed from Gibraltar.]

Glasgow Herald, 21/9/1895:
Telegram from Durban states steamer INYONI is aground inside the bar; is being lightened. [Aberdeen Weekly Journal, 23/9/1895: Has floated; Morning Post, 24/9/1895: Has stokehole, bulkhead and attachments buckled, divers report no apparent damage to bottom, temporary repairs proceeding.]

Freeman’s Journal, 28/7/1894: INYONI arrived Natal from London.
Owner
J T Rennie
Shipbuilder
Hall, Russell & Company, Limited
Dimensions
length 276' x breadth 36 1/12' x depth 25 7/12'
Gross Tonnage: 1945 ton

  © 2006 - 2018 Aberdeen City Council